Wednesday 30 October 2019

Example of mediation task

Dear all,
here you have a very good example of a mediation task delivered by one of you, in this case Lucas Castro. Check it out.

Hi Tom!
How are you doing mate? I hope you're doing well. When you contacted me, some memories came to my mind from the last time we hanged out together. Do you remember the party we went to? Man, what a hangover the next day!
Anyway, I read the email you sent me and, unfortunately, I'm very busy now in my job, but don't worry 'cause I found some information that will be really useful for you. I discouvered four online platforms.
The first one is called Verbling. It's a kind of language exchange with people from all over the world. The site connects you with a native teacher so you can have a conversation and improve your level of Spanish. It sounds cool, but there's a catch: every teacher will charge you a different fee . I know you aren't exatcly Rockefeller so maybe this isn't the best choice for you.
Secondly, there's a social network, called Busuu. You can talk to native speakers from all across the globe. And guess what? It's free! The site has seventy million users. You can improve your language skills by talking to them. In addition,  you'll be able to send and receive some written assignments for correction. Besides, there is a premium subscription for more complete lessons.
Then, I found Speaky, which is an App for iPhone and Android devices. This is great because your phone's always attached to you all the time. Anyway, it's a complement for apps like Duolingo or Menrise. I don't you know if you've heard about them. It's a sort of social network with over one million users. Moreover, there is a free option but also a paid one. You choose.
Finally, I found Lingvu. It's an App for Android devices only. This is in different because it allows you to meet nearby users face to face. The App will use the satellite in your phone to let you know if there are other users near and you can contact them and meet up with them face to face. Marvelous, isn't it? You should know that here in Spain people typically meet at a café to talk...not like in your country!
Well, it's a difficult choice, but if I were you, I'd give Lingvuu a go. It's free and you'll socialize with lots of interesting people. And who knows?, maybe you'll meet your future bride, he he he.
I hope this information will have been useful for you.
Ring me up as son as you come to Spain.
Fond regards,
Lucas



No comments:

Post a Comment